Friday, January 8, 2010

Diana

A few months after moving in, I took a trip back to Oregon, to officiate at the handfasting of one of my dearest friends, and my Craft working partner of many years, L. Morgaine d'Ursa. While there, I had the opportunity to return to Rookhaven, and sat in council with my High Priestess, L. Sophia and her High Priest, L. Fattah. We did a lot of talking, some additional training, and then settled in for an interesting evening.

L. Fattah had been working with a new system of channeling (new for us, anyway), and he wanted to show it to me. I was definitely interested, as the method seemed a very solid one, providing communication with deities close to us, and with the egregores closely associated with our coven and line. The formation of a new coven was on all of our minds, and so desiring some questions answered of the Great Ones, we sat down with L. Fattah's stone.

Very shortly thereafter, he indicated that the goddess Diana had a message for me. She was willing to be approached to act as the goddess of our covenstead, serving to ward it and act as our spiritual contact in the way other entities have been so contacted for other of our covensteads. Gleefully, I told him that I accepted. He chuckled.

"No, no, she's not offering," he clarified. "She's willing to be approached by you, if you want to ask her."

Ah. Quite the difference. So, I did so, with L. Fattah as our intermediary, asking her three times to come and watch over our covenstead. The following conversation was powerful and thought-provoking. She indicated that she would not "need" a masculine counterpart in her duties, despite our normal tradition of having a god and goddess fulfilling that role. I was also left with the impression that this was merely the beginning, an introduction, and things would move along upon my return to Stone Mountain.

No comments:

Post a Comment