Sunday, January 24, 2010

The Walk in the Forest

My dreams after the session with L. Sophia and L. Fattah were powerful.

I was standing in a wooded area, and it was night. The full moon shone down from above, and I could make out the vague silhouette of Stone Mountain in the distance, black against the sky's dark, dark blue. She was standing behind me. Part of the way through I was sure she was back and to my left, while at others I was sure she was back and to the right. I knew that I shouldn't turn around, though; asking her why, she said that it simply wasn't that time yet. I didn't know her well enough yet.

She was laying claim to our covenstead, as we'd asked, and she reiterated what she'd said through L. Fattah earlier - she needed no other to do the work she intended. I realized suddenly that our covenstead needed to be Moonhaven, and asked if she would accept that name. She said that not only would she do so, but she was honored by it.

She said that oaks are sacred to her, and that she "would live well in Moonhaven's oaks." She also said that she came to me partly because of that - not only my own connection with oaks (present probably from my earliest pagan days, and the source of my Craft name), but also the oaks within our house as well. The mirror, in particular. She then pointed to one of the oaks here near us, and I recognized it as one of the oaks from our yard.

This oak in particular stands in our backyard. About a third of the backyard is what I'd call "domesticated," with lawn grass and carefully planted hedges and the like. The rest of it, though, is pretty much woodland, with tall standing trees, no lawn but a carpet of fallen branches and leaves, and generally left to run fairly riot. There is a short fence, with a hedge behind it that separates these parts of the yard, and in a break in that separation stands a tall, ivy-wrapped oak tree.

This was the oak she was pointing to. "This is mine," she said. "I stand on both sides of this oak." She said I'd understand later, but that when the time came to make a shrine to her at the foot of a tree, this would be the tree. She said that we would need a place for her indoors as well.

She then pointed to a star in the sky, reaching over my head to do so. She said: "In the huntsman's belt, I have left a guardian for your home. But stars not meant for the Earth."

Then she pointed into the distance, on the horizon, towards the solemn silhouette of Stone Mountain. She said: "Go there and find the stone who will serve. Bring it here and place the star in the stone - marry sky to earth."

3 comments:

  1. Powerful. I really have no other words for this. And a small pondering: "huntsman's belt" - could it be Orion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's what she meant, if my meditations afterwards have been accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "I will stand on both sides of this oak" is beautifully poetic. More so after I read the previous posts and realized that she is without a counterpart.

    ReplyDelete